Best Friends That Stopped Talking

This will be a very personal post just a little warning, 5 years ago when I was still in high school my best friend stop talking to me out of no where. I really shouldn't say it came out of no where the signs were there but I just ignored them; I was oblivious to what was going on with my friend; maybe I should go to the beginning when I met my best friend. Out of respect for this blog I will just call this best friend MO. Now I met MO in elementary school when I was in grade 1, we were in the same class together I think he was the new kid(It's been over 15 years so it's hard to remember the details).

For the next few years our friendship for each other grew, we didn't really consider ourselves best friend but more on the line of brothers that were born from different mothers. Both of us only had sisters so it was very easy to see why we considered each of us brothers(since we both didn't have one). I would say that around preteens/early teens where things started to change and mind you I'm not talking about the liking the girls and puberty. During this time he tried to end our friendship on multiple occasions. I think this was at the stage where teenagers starts to rebel against his/her parents. Let me tell you he rebelled hard; to list a few I remember him stealing Trinidad Cigars from someone, sneaking out at night and the usual drugs with friends. His family I've met on many occasions and I'll be honest I was jealous of him. from the outside it looked like he had something I've never had...a family that got along. I learned over the years just because the outside looks good doesn't mean the inside is the same or as the old saying don't judge a book by it's cover.

I think when things actually changed is when everyone in the same year were applying for high school, a good majority were going to the high school. He was in the minority that was going to a catholic school. For the first 2 years we kept in touch; We went to the movies, had sleepovers at his house, and hanged on the weekends when he could. Everything changed on 'that' day when my loyalty for our friendship came into question. I really can't remember if this was before or during high school, I would like to say before.

Anyway it seemed his dad was arguing with him about where he was getting this extra money from(I'm the source if you wanna know). He came to my house at my doorstep on raining day(great timing), I could tell he was crying just looking at his eyes, he asked if he wanted to hang out was just a poor excuse just for his father not to find him one location I nodded and went with him. Out of everyone he could of went to he came to me that day and I knew why. I don't remember much that day but I remember asking that he should pay me back the money that I was giving him. After I got back my Dad was waiting fro me with questions since his Dad did call my place while I was gone.

He asked if I knew where he was and where MO was getting the money from, I was honest and told him it was me. After that day My Dad and MO's Dad met at a Tim Horton's and tried to fix this mess. Eventually I got my money back which was like 30 or 40 bucks may not seem like much now but back then if you were 12-14 in that time and had that money you had plans to do with it. After that he didn't talk with me that much went to a movie with him(girlfirend as well) and other friends from the Catholic school sooooo I didn't know them at all. To this day I remember the last day I saw him, I last spoke to him in person during the premiere of the Incredible Hulk movie in the summer of 2008. After that I just tried talking to him on Facebook, the keyword here is try since it is hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't want to have one. Honestly at this point 5 freakin years later I don't want to talk with him either. I doubt so much that he's even reading this.

Thanks to this and events leading up to this day, I have a lot of trust issues when it comes to 'friends', I have gotten things stolen because of mutual friends(who come with friends) when they were over at my house. I don't really know what a true friend is to this day, I can honestly say he had the potential of being one but things never work out the way you want it to.

After that I turned to the internet and made this persona called 'Hunterslasher13' in order to forget him. I don't regret it because I've made a lot of new friends on the internet from YouTube, GamingUnion, MAHQ and IGN that have the same common interests. I don't know what those guys honestly think of me but I hope if they do read this then they might understand me a little better since I never  really share my feelings to them.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment